Creative Homemade Christmas Wreath Ideas perfect for your front door or mantel decor
Just in time for the Holidays, I have found for you a wonderful array of creative ideas for handmade and DIY Christmas Wreath Ideas to decorate not just your front door, but the mantel and walls of your home.
Wreaths are such a great way to quickly change your seasonal home decor from Fall and Thanksgiving to Christmas.
Not just that, but it is especially easy if you already have a reusable wreath base such as a grapevine, wheat or form wreath form and a stash of various ribbons and bows. Now, all you need is some inspiration!
You are going to LOVE these homemade wreaths! There is a little something for every taste here including a Christmas wreaths made with wine corks, felt and even book pages!
Do you have a fun collection of teaspoons or thimbles? Why not turn those into a fun, personal Christmas Wreath?
In a pinch, you can easily go outside and clip some winter greenery such as cedar branches or pine bows and attach them to a frame to make a fresh Winter Wreath. (Those are my personal favorite Christmas Wreaths and they smell so good!)
Also, don’t forget that your homemade wreaths are not just for the front door. Hang them anywhere such as above the mantel or at the end of a hallway.
For a traditional look, hang a Christmas Wreath with a bright red ribbon on each window of your house. Plus, you can make a super quick and easy table decoration by laying a wreath in the center of your Christmas dinner table.
Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links which means if you click and buy,
we may receive a small commission. See full Disclosure for details.
Popular Christmas Wreath Making Supplies:
25 Homemade Christmas Wreath Ideas
So here, I have gathered for you a nice variety of ideas for handmade Christmas Wreaths that you can make for your own home. There is no need for you to spend a lot of money, either.
Most of these wreaths can be made very quickly using easy-to-find and inexpensive crafting supplies.
I would like to say a great big thank you to these clever crafters for allowing me to share their creative crafts with you. I hope you will give them a try.
This list started out with only 11 DIY Christmas wreath ideas but each year I find more to add so now it has grown to 29 wonderful wreath ideas.
Note: You may wish to bookmark this page and see what we add next year!
1. DIY Christmas Wreath with Fresh Greeneryby Wholefully
There is nothing easier than making a homemade wreath with freshly cut pine and cedar bows.
2. Holiday Jingle Bell Yarn Christmas Wreathby Chicken Scratch NY
3. Snowy Winter Wreathby Creative Green Living
4. DIY Christmas Wreath with Felt Holly Berriesby Burlap And Blue
5. Winter Embroidery Hoop Wreathby Crafts By Amanda
6. Homemade Christmas Wreath with Dog Treatsby Upstate Ramblings
9. DIY Burlap Christmas Wreathby One Crazy Mom
10. DIY Christmas Wreath made with Woolby FiberArtsy
11. Upcycled Book Page Christmas Wreathby Organized 31
12. Burlap Wreath made with Wireby Mainly Homemade
13. DIY Grapevine Wreath with Burlapby Dear Creatives
14. Cranberry Holly Winter White Wreathby Ann’s Entitled Life
This cranberry wreath is perfect for any front door.
15. Grinch Inspired Christmas Wreathby Ann’s Entitled Life
Instead of the traditional red and green colors of Christmas, how about a Grinch wreath?
16. DIY Candy Cane Christmas Wreathby Really, Are You Serious?
Here is another fun Candy Cane wreath.
17. Mini Rustic Christmas Wreaths with Ribbonsby Organized 31
These colorful mini wreaths would be great for decorating a guest room or bath.
18. Whimsical Square Holly Wreathby Sustain My Craft Habit
How about a rustic square Christmas wreath that features holly sprigs?
19. Santa’s Belt DIY Christmas Wreathby DIY Party Mom
I love the bright colors of the Poinsettia leaves!
20. Bushel Basket Wreath with Greeneryby One Thousand Oaks
Another rustic, wood wreath but this one uses an old bushel basket.
21. Embroidery Hoop Christmas Wreathby Mom Envy
Another fun way to make a wreath with an embroidery hoop.
22. Easy Candy Christmas Wreathby Organized 31
23. Handmade Scrap Fabric Christmas WreathIdeas For The Home by Kenarry
Here is a great way to use up a bunch of fabric scraps.
24. Simple Vintage Candle Christmas Wreathby Bathtub Rings and Artsy Things
And, what would Christmas be without some GOLD??
25. Easy Christmas Wreath made with Ball Ornaments
And finally, a colorful homemade Holiday wreath that is made with shatterproof ornaments.
26. Elegant DIY Evergreen Wreath
by Learning And Yearning
Natural evergreen bows and pinecones make the most beautiful Christmas Wreaths, in my opinion.
This particular wreath is extra large (4 foot diameter) and was made to hang outside on the chimney.
27. DIY Felt Wreath
28. Upcycled Foam Wreath with Pinecones
by Upcycle My Stuff
Do you hate throwing away the foam packaging from stuff like I do? What a waste to only use these things one time, right?
Well, here is a fun way for you to repurpose the foam into a pinecone wreath for the Holidays. What a great idea!
29. Vintage Christmas Light Bulb Wreath
There you go! As promised, here is a lots of inspiration and many clever ideas for you to tackle making your own homemade Christmas Wreath. Plus, if you need to know how to make a bow or how to hang your Christmas Wreath, scroll down for links to that information.
If you have a favorite Christmas Wreath idea, please share it in the comments.
For more Christmas Crafting fun, you might try Easy Alcohol Ink Christmas Ornaments
How to Make a Bow for a Wreath
Sometimes, a pretty bow really makes the wreath. I don’t know about you but I’ve struggled with making a decent bow and always seem to need help. This tutorial shows you 3 different methods on how to make a bow for a wreath.
How to Hang a Christmas Wreath
The easiest way to hang a Christmas or Holiday Wreath on your front door is with a simple wreath hanger or hook. Depending on your particular door, however, a wreath hanger may not be your best option. This article shows you 4 different ways that you can hang your Christmas Wreath on a door.
Also, in case you would like to hang your DIY Wreath on a window, here is a step by step tutorial to show you the best way to do that.