- Felting is probably the oldest form of fiber art
- Protein fiber spins or is felted because it has little barbs which catch on one another
- Felt will not ravel and can be cut
- What causes felting? Agitation and extreme temperature changes
- Felt can be made waterproof if heavily felted.
- Wool does not easily catch fire
- You can felt in the washing machine (haven’t we all done this??)
- Wool is the only fiber that will keep you warm even when wet
- Superwash wool has been treated to prevent felting
And on that note, we are shearing the alpacas on Monday.