19 Creative Free Crochet Patterns for Infinity Scarves from Lightweight Scarves for Spring or Summer and Heavier Cowls for Wintertime
Here’s a fun collection free patterns for you to crochet! Who doesn’t love a fun scarf or cowl?!
So, Summer is almost over once again which means it’s time to bust out your crochet hooks, yarn and knitting needles. Ready or not, winter is coming soon and I don’t know about you, but I’m tired of cold weather.
In the meantime, though, I do enjoy the Fall very much. The pumpkins, corn mazes, hot chocolate … Fall also reminds me of cuddling on the couch after dinner and knitting a fun hat or crocheting a pretty scarf.
I seem to have given away all of my handmade scarves (how does that always happen??) … so, I decided to find some new, fun and easy cowl and infinity scarf free crochet patterns for you to try out.
Scarves and cowls generally knit or crochet up very quickly so those projects are right up my alley. I also love making fingerless gloves and boot cuffs because they work up fast!
And, there’s still plenty of time to whip up a lovely scarf for a special Christmas gift.
I learned a long time ago that the only finished projects at my house are quick ones so these infinity scarves and cowls are perfect for me.
Plus they are all crochet patterns which usually work up much faster than knitted patterns. (Sorry knitters, no knitting patterns included this time).
Hey and don’t miss these 21 Websites for Free Crochet Patterns!
A great big Thank You to the lovely crochet pattern designers for allowing me to share their free infinity scarf patterns.
19 Free Infinity Scarf Crochet Patterns:
1. Puppy Love Infinity Scarfby Whistle & Ivy
2. Chevron Lace Infinity Scarfby Moogly
3.The Berries Jubilee Infinity Scarfby Oombawka Design Crochet
4. The Candy Stripes Cowlby Same DiNamics Crochet
5. The Shannon Infinity Scarfby Moogly
6. Two Ways About It Reversible Infinity Scarfby Cre8tion Crochet
7. Cherries In Bloom Infinity Scarfby Fiber Flux
8. Perfect Mother’s Day Twisty Mesh Infinity Scarfby Oombawka Design Crochet
9. Cables & Stripes Free Cowl Patternby Same DiNamics Crochet designed for Cre8tion Crochet
10. The Pavement Infinity Scarfby Fiber Flux
11. Comfy Mochi Cowlby Jessie At Home
12. Stretched Crochet Cowlby Jessie At Home
13. Versatile V-Stitch Cowlby Petals To Picots
14. Off Kilter Infinity Scarfby Cre8tion Crochet
15. Spring Fling Picot Trellis Scarfby My Merry Messy Life
16. Crochet Granny Infinity Scarf & Cowlby My Merry Messy Life
17. The Carefree Infinity Scarfby The Batter’s Box
18. Chunky, Squishy Crochet Infinity Scarf Pattern
19. Hideaway Cowl – Easy Free Crochet Infinity Scarf Pattern
This Beginner Infinity Scarf Crochet Kit includes everything you need to make this lovely cowl: 1 skein of yarn (your choice of color), crochet hook, tapestry needle, written pattern and a link to video instructions.
I hope you’ll give some of these lovely free crochet infinity scarf patterns a try and please let me know how they turn out.
And don’t forget, if you’re a crochet or knitting pattern designer, feel free to add your free patterns to our database. We link it back to your website.
How long should I crochet an infinity scarf?
There is no right or wrong answer. Some people like their scarves shorter and hugging their necks while others prefer longer infinity scarves. You can do a trial run of sorts with a regular scarf.
Simply, safety pin the ends together and wrap it around your neck. That will give you an idea of how long your crocheted scarf needs to be. According to Wiki How, 60″ is a good average length.
What crochet stitch works up the fastest?
In my personal opinion, I would have to say the Double or Treble Crochet Stitches are fastest because they are tall stitches.
AllFreeCrochet actually did a survey on this question and found that the fastest crochet stitch is the Double Crochet Stitch.
Does using a bigger crochet hook use less yarn?
Yes, absolutely! The reason a bigger hook uses less yarn is that the hole you create while crocheting is larger. Your finished piece will therefore be lighter, more open and airy which is great for summer wraps and triangle shawls.
More Free Crochet and Knitting Patterns: